I thought it was time to get things back and rolling on this blog.. and what better way than a favorite kind of post. 🙂
- Big Little Lies Since I just finished this HBO miniseries, this fave is one that has been ongoing for a few weeks. However, if you haven’t watched it, you must! It’s the best “show” I’ve seen in a while. I had read and really enjoyed the book by Liane Moriarty, so I was a bit skeptical about how the characters and events would be portrayed, but it was done masterfully. The cast is amazing (even if my love for Alexander Skarsgaard is a twinge diminished due to his appalling character), music is soulful and on-point, and cinematography is dreamy. Check it out if you can (psst: HBO is currently running a promo for a free month!)
- Alabama Shakes This band is featured in Big Little Lies, and after checking them out I have been listening to them often. They were nominated for three Grammys, so I might be a bit behind the curve on this one. Favorite tracks so far: “Hold On” & “This Feeling”
- Strappy Sports Bras Real talk time: I’ve been wearing one of my sports bras since college, and was in desperate need of one or two new ones. They are never an aspect of sportswear that I am excited to purchase, since I feel like often they are never seen. However, I do have some tops with cutouts in the back, and I love the trend of seeing the scrappy detail from sports bras through tank tops. So, I found a cute Nicole Miller strappy one at Gordman’s when we were visiting my in-laws in Ohio (speaking of, Gordman’s is a ridiculously cheap store with a few good finds. Definitely on the cheaper-looking end of things, but worth looking!). I also ordered this Dash Seamless Bra II from Fabletics and can’t wait to see how it looks!
- Spring- This is a no-brainer, but I am sooooo excited for sunshine, budding flowers and leaves, and much more time spent outside! We had our first official dinner on our back deck on Tuesday, and even Lydia joined us in our high chair! It is definitely awesome that April actually means spring in New Jersey– unlike Michigan, where they are set to get 4-8in of snow the next few days. No. Thanks.
- Lifetime Fitness
We just joined this incredible gym and, aside from issues with Lydia in childcare, we are loving it! The fee is high, but the amenities make up for it. They have a huge indoor AND outdoor pool, tons of classes, activities for kids and a great play area (come on, Lyddie.. time to get over your separation anxiety!), sauna, hot tub, cafe… I could go on and on. The locker rooms have all sorts of items to help you get ready easily– fresh towels neatly stacked, shampoo, conditioner, body wash & shaving cream (plus razors, cotton balls, q-tips), hair dryers, etc. It’s just a serious treat to go to the gym–as it always has been for me, but this is a place in which I could spend HOURS!
- Beauty & the BeastAgain, I saw this a few weeks ago, so a bit old, but I absolutely adored Beauty & the Beast!! I “hosted” a get together Moms Night Out at the theater where we saw it in 3D. Personally, I thought the 3D was a little distracting, but loved the movie itself so much. The casting was perfect, additions helped to enhance the storyline, and the imagery was spectacular. It reminded me how much I loved this movie as a young girl, and it also made me so excited to share some of these favorites with Lydia as she grows up. I am still humming the songs and can’t wait to see it again, non-3D this time!!
Have a great weekend, and happy Friday!!